This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our Atlanta office.
- Provide excellent client service to multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advisory services, planning, technology, and controversies
- Review information presented on state sales and use tax returns before, during, and after preparation
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff members
- Assist with the business development, management and delivery of SALT services, and provide assistance and oversight on large client project engagements
- Five years of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M. MST (Master's in Taxation) or Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI) designation; PMP, MCSD, or MCITP for non-CPA eligible candidates (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
- Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .