Manager - Underwriting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A MANAGER UNDERWRITING OPERATIONS
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Client Delivery - Underwriting Operations business group within Aon Affinity, in Hatboro PA.
YOUR IMPACT AS A MANAGER UNDERWRITING OPERATIONS
* Oversee daily underwriting operations for products supporting Healthcare professionals
* Interact and negotiate with program carriers on individual accounts and at the program level
* Manage employees to include: revenue, underwriting performance, productivity, time service levels, policy retention, new business conversion, compliance to underwriting authority guidelines, quality, general process management, training and development
* Track and report on underwriting trends, broker activity, carrier referrals, individual underwriting performance metrics and other important information that can lead to improving our revenue results
* Develop high performing underwriting teams
* Develop relationships with clients, carriers and brokers
* Prepare for audits and respond to findings as required
* Participate in planning and budgeting process
* Special projects as assigned
* Plan and prioritize work for self and team
* Work closely with the business leader and sales team to support new business growth and retention of business
* Establish and maintain productive/collaborative relationships with functional partners, business unit, carriers, and sub-producers.
* Evaluate processes and procedures to identify, recommend and implement efficiencies.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 5 years of management experience
* 3 - 5 years insurance experience preferably in a professional liability environment
* P&C LICENSE PREFERRED REQUIRED WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF HIRE DATE
* Experience managing underwriting teams (P&C) and processes with a passion for the healthcare profession
* Insurance industry knowledge, specifically a broad healthcare and professional liability background
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong client facing/presentation skills
* Develop reports, spreadsheets and data analytics
* Ability to multi-task and manage to multiple performance metrics
* Strong project management and reporting experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
* Insurance license(s) or Professional designation preferred P & C license required within 3 months of hire date
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2419987
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, PA, Hatboro