Manager eComm Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
A business development manager is a key member of the business development team, supporting new business partnerships, focused on sales growth, customer acquisition, innovation, and customer experience for the eCommerce division of Staples. This critical position will support the Sr. Manager of business development with GTM programs, work closely with external partners and other internal teams to identify & evaluate opportunities, drive execution, and support reporting and analytics.
* Assist Sr. Manager with the management of business development initiatives across all business units including, but not limited to identifying 3P partners for key initiatives, conducting negotiations, executing contracts, identifying Staples products and inventory management for 3P marketplace initiative & day to day maintenance to achieve business objectives and goals
* Lead the efforts to increase penetration & grow sales of Staples Branded products through alternative channels such a 3P marketplaces
* Lead the execution for the company's "Premium Program" (Benefits & Discounts) strategy to optimize assortment and profitability of the program.
* Drive new business opportunities with non-traditional eRetail concepts like concierge services, business services and adjacent services, so we are able to capitalize on these new formats.
* Onboard, rollout and maintain 3P service/product providers.
* Help create, define & prioritize program opportunities for each business development program, including sales/margin goals
* Build relationships across the company and vendors, actively communicating program and overall program impact there by becoming an internal & external advocate for business development initiatives.
* Work with IT and vendors to manage implementation and troubleshoot technical issues, operational and/or customer issues on an on-going basis
* Drive reporting and analytics efforts, including ongoing communications of the program and vendor performance
* Optimization of business development initiatives through analytics and site testing
* Deliver on-going reporting on all business development initiatives
* Identification & prioritization of incremental opportunities
* Work with eCom Strategy and Marketing teams to recommend bundling and co-merchandising opportunities.
* Watch industry trends to pinpoint new directions and ideas.
* Bachelor's degree in Ecommerce, Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or Operations
* Minimum 5+years business development or product management experience
* Strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done.
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
* Passion for working with external partners and growing businesses.
* Strong analytic skills and data-driven approach.
* Exceptional detail orientation, project management, and follow-through.
* Ability to operate in fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
* Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, problem solver who enjoys working with partners.
* MBA Preferred
* Experience in e-commerce & user experience, including business development, project management
* Experience developing and implementing go-to-market strategies for project optimization
* Ability to lead tactically as well as strategically
* Successful track record leading complex projects and delivering results within matrix
* Ability to research, quantify and analyze business opportunities using variety of data sources (i.e. internet, trade publications, financial statements, industry conference, professional network)
* Knowledge of business customer engagement models (inside/outside sales, membership program models, pricing, etc..)
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law._