Manager of Application Development 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY I have a permanent opportunity in Parsippany NJ that is looking for a Manager of Application Development. Please see the job description below and let me know your level of interest. This is a solid company with strong IT focus. Medical, dental, vision, vacation and 401k is offered as well.
* Responsible for direction, planning and execution of activities to ensure desired business needs and objectives are met.
* Manages the work and priorities of a team including recruiting, training, motivating, coaching and evaluating performance.
* Provides expertise and consulting in support of key corporate initiatives including acquisitions, new products, services and business model changes.
* Monitors, motivates and leads performance and productivity of a group IT professionals.
* Sets and implements policies and procedures including quality standards.
* Primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of strong internal and external relationships relevant to the functioning of their team.
* Responsible for overseeing the effective functioning and execution of assigned applications, systems and projects.
* Evaluates existing conditions and applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to solve complex and unusual technical and managerial situations.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex information effectively.
* Advanced planning and decision-making skills with ability to analyze short and long-term effects.
* Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
* Current, hands on experience architecting, designing and developing complex systems using technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC framework, HTML5, and IIS.
* Expertise in application-specific database design in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
* Advanced technical skills in the design and development of web services and integration capabilities.
* Ability to program in these technologies as a player-coach on the team, leading, guiding, mentoring and co-developing with staff members.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degreerequired in a related area.
* At least 8years of experience in the IT field with specialty in Development, Project Management or other discipline as applicable.
* Management experiencepreferred.
* Current technical experience with complex software development projects in the financial services industry.