Manager of Clinical Programming
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MANAGER OF CLINICAL PROGRAMMING
Manager, Clinical Programming
Remote from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
Responsible for staff performance in the development of databases, edits and reports for clinical studies, ensuring all tasks are completed in accordance with project timelines and budget, and meeting or exceeding quality standards. Working to departmental SOPs, guidelines and global standards, while ensuring CDM database programming integrity and consistency across all projects, as appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for effective management of staff and processes for development of SAS edit check and SAS custom report programming clinical studies. Ensure SAS programming integrity and consistency across all projects, as appropriate
- Ensure that development of database, edits and reports are carried out in accordance with project timelines and budget, and meeting or exceeding quality standards
- Assist in proposals and change order development, and project finance updates as necessary
- Aware of project resource requirements to ensure that there are adequate resources allocated to meet client timelines and interact with Manager or Director, CDM as necessary. Ensure accurate forecasting of workload and measurement of productivity to highlight areas where process efficiency may be improved
- Monitor training and assist with skill/career development for all direct reporting staff. Prepare individual staff goals and ensure all direct reporting staff are trained in SOPs, guidelines, tasks and systems. Measure and provide feedback for staff performance, including preparation of evaluations. Ensure company and departmental SOPs and standards are adhered to
- Be responsible for monitoring of system issues or problems, report any perceived problems or issues to the Director, and follow through until problem is resolved
- Represent/present CDM database programming functions at internal and external meetings, and conferences as necessary. Interact with clients, presenting SAS programming/ technical issues, as necessary
- Assist with development of departmental SOPs and Working Practice Guidelines
- Provide input and be locally responsible for new technologies implementations (i.e. Rave Web Services, Custom data transfers)
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIORS
- Exemplify, deliver and expect professionalism using strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Keep internal and external clients informed of project and/or technical issues by proactively communicating across teams/functions.
- Communicate effectively through both written and verbal methods. Anticipate changing priorities and demands and address them proactively.
- Facilitate high quality work ensuring appropriate use of SOPs, guidelines and technical standards.
- Strong background managing staff and project needs within data management.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. 4+ years in a data management environment, of which 1 year must have been as the manager level (or proven managerial experience);
2. Experience with tasks and responsibilities associated with clinical data management SAS programming, and associated requirements gathering of edits, custom reports and custom data transfers; Strong understanding of technical issues related data management; Working knowledge of clinical data management programming and systems; Experience with clinical/ SAS programming and CDM systems is a plus.
3. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Majority of work done in office environment.
5. Some travel required.
6. Life Science, Mathematical, Computer Science Bachelor Degree or relevant experience. Master s Degree preferred.
Email Jim Doyle