Manager of Commercial Contracts (CRO exp. required)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MANAGER OF COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS (CRO EXP. REQUIRED)
Manages the delivery of knowledge management and/or site agreement negotiation services within geographic area of responsibility. Actively leads, develops, supports and contributes to the continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and ensures compliance with Chiltern s risk management strategy for allocated services. This may include but is not limited to risk mitigation strategies, document repository, and commercial reporting systems. Provide operational, budgetary, and personnel leadership to a team of Commercial Contracts staff who are responsible for delivering the allocated services. May be responsible for the fiscal management of allocated services including department budgeting and cost management, proposal/budget reviews, revenue recognition, units billing, identifying out-of-scope activities, and preparing change in scope documentation as required. Responsible for managing contracts tracking, status systems, and directs the maintenance of paper and electronic file systems within his/her assigned area of responsibility. Manager, Commercial Contracts liaises closely with line manager, Director (all levels), Commercial Contracts, Group General Counsel and other Chiltern attorneys to ensure consistency in adoption and implementation of legal policies, procedures and agreements. Line manages the Commercial Contracts Executives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare and deliver performance reviews; review performance and appraisals initiated by direct reports.
2. Actively collaborate with line manager in interviewing and selecting qualified departmental personnel; manage the development and performance management of personnel.
3. Assist in implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of service and efficiency of the commercial contracts function and work with functional management to develop implementation plans.
4. Manage the individual study budgetary performance of direct reports within the allocated region or for allocated services.
5. Responsible for the management of resources and hours necessary to successfully deliver services under your area of responsibility by direct reports.
6. Collaborate with operational, Finance and Budget & Proposals staff to produce contracts that accurately reflect the company s obligations or rights and understandings with third parties.
* Bachelor s degree (LLB, JD, BA or BS) required, university-level law degree preferred (EMEA)
* Minimum 7 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job
* 5 years or more related experience in a Contracts department or equivalent experience in a law firm or other professional environment working with contracts.
* Experience in reviewing commercial contracts and providing practical
* business-focused advice is required
* Paralegal experience (Americas)
* Prior CRO industry experience required
Chiltern is an EEO / AA Employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
depends upon experience
Email Michelle Gerardi