Manager of District LP - ReqCode 16000DU6
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking a Big Box Retail District Loss Prevention Manager to oversee Loss Prevention functions in the Cincinnati District of 14 stores in OH/KY.
You will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results. District Loss Prevention Managers are responsible for leading Loss Prevention functions within a specific operations district and for collaborating with Store Operations and Human Resources in an effort to prevent company loss.
Essential Functions of this position include:
* Support and promote company values with related customer service
* Develop strong, customer-focused relationships with Operations and Human Resources partners
* Implement, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the Loss Prevention function as directed.
* Work with district and store management to identify priorities and develop appropriate shrinkage reduction strategies.
* Participate and/or lead associate teaching, training and development regarding loss prevention, operational, safety and new store related topics.
* Schedule and conduct required loss prevention, firearms, operations and safety related audits
* Direct physical inventory preparation, execution and variance research processes
* Support the Inventory Control department in audit capacity during physical inventories
* Proactively monitor controls and conduct local and remote surveillance to identify possible dishonest activity - internal and external
* Utilize POS exception reporting tool to identify and react to suspicious activity and training opportunities
* Respond to and investigate all instances of reported and suspected associate dishonesty and conduct integrity and witness interviews as needed
* Effectively network to investigate and address (ORT) Organized Retail Theft
* Work with stores and distribution centers to resolve issues that involve the flow of goods
* Complete new store security alarm, CCTV system reviews and provide appropriate system sign-offs for alarm vendor
* Support special events and emergencies which may include providing or supplementing security converge or coordinating contract services.
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
* 7+ years of Loss Prevention experience or related retail experience with at least three years in a multi-unit environment
* Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills (Wicklander-Zulawski certification preferred)
* 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Successfully pass comprehensive criminal background and motor vehicle checks
* World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
* Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
* Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
* Must be able to keep confidences and consistently operate in a direct and truthful manner
* Special Skills / Requirements
* Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) preferred
* Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred
* Certified Forensic Interview (CFI) preferred
* Advanced level of administration and technical knowledge of Loss Prevention systems and shrinkage controls
* Solid conflict management skills with the ability to work alone in stressful situations
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
* Annual Equity Grant Eligibility
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and motor vehicle records review prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.