Manager of EHR Optimization
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: The BIDCO Manager, EHR Optimization develops and executes programs that support the quality measure capture in EHRs throughout BIDCO PCP practices. The BIDCO Manager, EHR Optimization oversees a team of EHR Optimization Specialists who assist PCP Practices and providers to improve quality scores through expertise in practice workflow, electronic health record systems, and quality measurers. This position reports to the Director, EHR with dotted line reporting to the Director of Quality.
* Provides orientation, ongoing training, role development, and mentoring of EHR Optimization Specialists to enable them to effectively work with staff and physicians in the PCP practices.
* Works with the Director of EHR, the Director of Quality, and the Manager of Quality to execute the strategy for improving quality performance on risk contracts at all primary care practices.
* Develops educational programs, tools, templates and strategies to support the work of the EHR Optimization Specialists to improve performance in PCP practices.
* Identifies the need for and implements program changes through an understanding of problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
* Understands current and emerging federal and state EHR incentive programs, mandates and legal requirements. Develops and implements programs to educate providers and practice staff on achieving federal and state incentives and if required, compliance with legal obligations. (Meaningful Use, ICD10, HIPAA, Privacy).
* Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
* 5-8 years related work experience required in experience in healthcare and familiarity with standard quality measurers. and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications required which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Local travel throughout Massachusetts and Sourthern New Hampshire requiring a reliable car and valid driver's license.
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO) is a value-based physician and hospital network and an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). With its corporate office located in Westwood, Mass., BIDCO offers physician groups and hospitals the structure to contract, share risk, and build care management systems together, with the goal of providing the highest quality care in the most cost-efficient way.
To deliver value to patients, commercial payors, and government, BIDCO leverages the shared skills of more than 2,500 primary care physicians (PCPs) and specialists and numerous community hospitals, including Anna Jaques Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Lawrence General Hospital. BIDCO has a tertiary affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf