Manager of Electrical Field Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Energy / Utilities Company
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGINEERING MANAGER, ELECTRIC FIELD ENGINEERING - SAN RAMON, CA
RCS has an immediate opportunity for a Manager of Electric Field Engineering role in San Ramon, CA. With a strategic growth initiative, this opportunity offers a chance for upward mobility in a company that specializes in the energy industry. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package and relocation assistance.
WHO WE ARE:
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Business Enterprise specializing in the recruitment of professionals throughout the United States. With two corporate offices, over 20years of experience, and a presence in 30+ states, we are well-positioned to service employers, employees, and candidates across every discipline. Our emphasis is on excellent work ethic, accountability, transparency, effective communication, and safety.
WHAT YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
While reporting directly to the Executive VP, the role of the Manager of the Engineering Team is to manage, coordinate, direct and supervise the (Electric) DistributionEngineering Team (DET). This position will be responsible for providing leadership to the department, as well as tracking the department's productivity and financial status of projects. The Manager will collaborate directly with the Client Project Managers and stakeholders as required to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support measures which will enhance the productivity and quality of the deliverables. The Manager will be responsible for the management of approximately 20 electric engineering professionals and field technicians.
* Leadership & Coordination : Assumes a leadership role in getting (department) Team members to work together to accomplish tasks. Creates a "Sense of Mission" for the Team. Supervises engineering managers and/or staff. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Delegates authority for engineering activities to appropriate staff employees. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among Team members.
* Organizing, Planning & Prioritizing Work : Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work. Establish work priorities and milestones for the Team. Provides forecasts and methods for achieving the goals.
* Client Communications : Maintains communications with various client stakeholder departments. Provides seamless transparency and continuity of communications to Client by proactively engaging the stakeholders by providing status updates and other pertinent information on a timely basis. Maintains a sense of urgency on mission critical items and acts accordingly to communication vital information expeditiously to Client.
* Monitoring & Controlling Resources : Monitors and controls resources and oversees the financial expenditures of the projects, as well as the Team's internal expenses. Develops and tracks budget. Provides support to the Project Superintendent on periodic reports to the Client.
* Decision Making & Problem Solving : Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Uses intuitive judgment and ethical practices for guiding engineering solutions. Determines project methods and procedures as required. Approves final design or changes.
* Data Analysis & Evaluation : Assists in the identification of trends, reasons, or facts of information by analyzing operational or management reports or records. Evaluates costs of engineering projects. Evaluates engineering data. Analyzes project goals/targets to determine feasibility, cost, or time.
* Human Resources Management : Conduct periodic performance reviews. Oral review at 6months with documentation via email. Written evaluation at the end of one year. Take action as required for disciplinary and performance issues. Conduct performance recognition as required. Augment training needs as required. Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
ARE YOU READY
* Authorization to work in the US without restriction.
* BS in ElectricalEngineering from a major accredited university or equivalent experience.
* PE license
* Utility (Electric Power Industry) experience (+10years). The key requirement is a solid background in electric distributionengineeringexperience.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Experience with a large utility company or engineering consulting firm.
* Significant experience in the power generation industry.
* Field experience.
_RCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RCS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran or marital status._