Manager of Engineering & Maintenance
* Manage the Rolling department to cost effectively supply services to sustain the quality and throughput requirements.
* Provide effective departmental leadership to encourage supervisor and employee involvement in meeting department goals.
* Responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing capital projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
* Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, and oversee quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
* Develop and initiate yearly department operations plan. Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
* Implement and monitor safety programs and performance.
* Implement and monitor proactive maintenance work methods, utilizing preventive and predictive maintenance tools.
* Control and reduce operating costs for assigned Cost Centers (Hot experience with the hot and cold rolling processes desirable.
* Experience in a union environment preferred.
* Necessitates excellent interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management, and effective oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques essential.