Manager of Enterprise Architecture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 20089 Manager of Enterprise Architecture (Open)
Grade 10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a Super Community bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers' needs!
Commerce Bank is seeking a motivated and customer focused individual for a Manager of Enterprise Architecture opportunity. We are looking for a senior level technologist with a broad base of both technical and business skills and is experienced with leading and organizing internal and external resources to solve the technical challenges for the Enterprise. The incumbent will lead assessments and offer recommendations for innovative, technology-based solutions that will result in reliable, flexible, coherent, efficient and cost effective solutions. Additionally, the successful candidate will be hightly skilled at creating and delivering presentations to technologists and executives. The candidate will have business skills and exhibit leadership qualities. Successful candidates will be a good communicator, politically savvy, analytical, curious, collaborative, thoughtful, smart and respectful of diversity in the workplace as these are traits that will position the encumbent to be successful. The Manager of Enterprise Architecture position will:
- Identify innovative solution choices applying needs analysis for / knowledge of business processes and application of technology.
- Lead the efforts as assigned for investigating emerging technologies and for completing POCs as are sanctioned.
- Facilitate the discovery and design for increasing development productivity through the use of automation / tools /process improvements with the benefit ofiIncreasing velocity of feature / functionality implementations.
- In collaboration with the IT managers, facilitate the creation of Technology Roadmap.
- Consult with line of business leaders on matters of business / technical design for applications as identified.
- Consult with peers, business leaders and extended team members regarding matters of architecture design and the selection and application of technologies.
- Lead initiatives as identified in generating statement of work or RFI / RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding solution recommendations.
Preferred applicants will have:
- Five plus years of management / leadership experience in a complex technology environment
- Major vendor negotiation and services management. Project management / facilitation for major project investments in excess of seven figures
- Budget generation and financial management demonstrating the ability to expertly manage investments
- Experience with generating major business case analysis and proposals
Essential Competencies to possess:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Drives Vision and Purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Organizational Savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Personality traits desired:
Other qualities desired:
- Desire to find practical solutions and options that meet the creative designs
- Flexible attitude toward various technologies
- Ability to provide practical and technical guidance on solutions
- Ability to spearhead projects and deliver results
- Ability to translate and communicate in layman's terms
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to mentor team on various web technolgies and coding best practices
- Passion for keeping up with current trends in technologies
- Skilled at completing / conducting applied research
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm