- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Manager of Facilities and Equipment
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Manager of Facilities and Equipment reports to the General Manager of Maintenance and is responsible for overseeing of all maintenance and repair of any and all assigned building and facilities.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Distribute daily work assignments.
* Motivate and encourage productivity within the Department.
* Keep clear and up to date records of all repairs made within the department.
* Make, process, monitor and close all daily work orders.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Possess the basic technical and repair knowledge of maintenance processes, particularly as it relates to safety guidelines/parameters, inspection and repair of major components to include, mechanical, electrical/electronic, HVAC, structural and building and grounds maintenance.
* Operation knowledge of mandated safety principles related to personal protective equipment, chemical hazards, lockout/tagout and general shop safety and cleanliness practices.
* Basic computer skills: Word, Excel and familiarization with vehicle maintenance information systems and work order processes.
* Good written and verbal communication skills that will facilitate clear communication with the Director of Maintenance and all other employees.
* Knowledge of basic part and component replacement processes.
* Carry out all assignments in a prompt and timely manner.
* Obtain a Commercial Driver's License and keep in good standing with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.