Manager of Facilities and Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Kirkhill Elastomers
Manager of Safety and Facilities
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets.
Company Name: Kirkhill
Industry: Aerospace and Defense
Title: Manager of Safety and Facilities
Job Family: Management
Reports to: VP of Operations
Works with: Platform staff, VP/GM Unit Managers, Senior Staff, Department Managers and Supervisors
Location: Brea, California
The Manager of Safety and Facilities is responsible for site process safety engineering, facilities and equipment development, and layout of site. Will ensure industry/regulatory standards for safety are maintained and continuously improved upon in the manufacturing of elastomer materials/products. Responsibilities include working with government and regulatory agencies, outside contractors at the site to ensure safety standards and practices are developed and implemented across at the site utilizing their network of safety professionals and an engaged employee base. Additional responsibilities include improving the facility, developing manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment that meets the dual goal of safety and successfully improving performance in support of process development, CI efforts, process engineering and developing technical talent. Has the independent authority to examine manufacturing practices for safety and risk, and to elevate the issue and alter the practice as required to ensure compliance with Process Safety Management and industry standard best practice.
* Working with leadership, sets the strategy and oversees the Safety and Facility initiatives for the site.
* Directs the Safety and Facility staff at the site by direct line reporting.
* Advise the President, VP/GM, and Safety/Facility staff about development of safety programs, site strategy for process development, investment in safety and manufacturing risks with solutions.
* Ensures that safety objectives and performance standards are understood and owned by management while engaging employees as active participants in their safety through initiatives such as Behavior Based Safety.
* Oversee facility layouts, process design, safety equipment and development consistent with the stated platform strategy for safety/facilities.
* Work with individual site leader and finance to prepare a capital expense plan for direct expenditures.
* Leads management teams in frequent review of Safety Programs, Measures and recommends changes to goals and objectives.
* Support the Management of the transformation projects between the sites.
* Support and lead activities for preparation of PFMEA and training to improve and implement.
* Direct accelerated safety/facility related improvements for 5S, flow and linkage, RTPR to enables safe flow of material while reducing turnaround time and cost.
* Identify staff positions required to improve process technology know-how, safety and FPY, add or train as appropriate.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Experience in EH&S and facilities management.
* Detailed knowledge of PSM regulations, PHA applications such as FMEA, HAZOP, safety program best practice.
* Functional understanding of lean and lean transformation application history.
* Project leadership skills and demonstrated large project management history.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Supervisor/Manager Esterline competencies: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, values diversity, approachability, directing others, interpersonal savvy, motivating others, sizing up people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports, drive for results.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s degree in engineering, Safety, or a related area.
* At least 10 years of operations management experience.
* At least 5 years of management experience directly responsible for Safety.
* Automotive, Aerospace, or equivalent lean application experience.
* Project transformation (i.e. site relocation) experience.
* U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).