Manager of Financial and Operations Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manager of Finance and Operations Analysis will report directly to the Director of Finance for Operations. She/He will serve as a business partner to the Director - Brewery Operations and will therefore have a dotted line into the Brewery Director. The position will be responsible for all accounting, reporting and cost analysis at SACB. The position will be responsible for the recommendation and execution of all improvements in cost reporting and analysis of financial and operational data originating at the brewery. The position will be an active, hands on contributor interfacing and interacting with all Brewery Director reports.
* Serve as a business partner to the Brewery Director and provide financial thought leadership for the site
* Lead in the development and execution of all accounting, reporting and cost analysis within the brewery
* Direct the clear and concise development of all brewery financial forecasts and Budgets as defined within timelines provided by BBC Operations Finance. Develop written commentary to explain all significant operational activities and any/ all variances vs. forecast/ plan. Working in conjunction with the same group, ensure the development of accurate annual standard manufacturing costs
* Through cross functional collaboration within the brewery, identify potential projects which will provide significant financial opportunities at the brewery. Dollarize these opportunities and jointly drive the execution of these projects through the Companys Delivered Gross Margin program and ensure all approved projects are included in brewery plans/ forecast
* Actively support brewery involvement in a Corporate - led project which expands the utilization of SAP in the reporting of actual product costs (by category, style, package type) for actual DGM assessment at the Corporate level
* In cooperation with brewery management, identify, initiate and support the implementation of key process improvements that will optimize OEE/ throughput performance, reduce waste and aggressively control brewery costs
* Develop weekly and monthly brewery performance reporting through the use of KPIs/ metrics that provide critical operations information to detect issues and trends earlier so that action plans can be created and executed. Partner with brewery management for consensus and drive the delivery of standardized data across all breweries
* Lead the development of accounting and reporting templates that clearly identifies all major spending variances and ensure adaptability throughout the brewery
* Liaise with BBC - Controllers to ensure effective and efficient transaction support to all brewery activities.
* Manage capital project initiatives, to include ROI development and assessment, tracking of savings and post project evaluation. Ensure adherence to established internal policies and procedures.
* Ensure compliance to corporate policies and procedures and in SOX compliance
* Oversee payroll process
* Manage a group of three professionals and assess current skill set of staff to ensure alignment to needs of organization. If gaps exist, develop new organization/ skill set requirements and begin execution of hiring plan
* Direct the preparation of all required government tax preparation and filings
* POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* B.S. degree in accounting/ finance with heavy focus in cost and manufacturing areas (production planning, etc.)
* MBA in accounting/ finance preferred but not required
* Specialized training courses in leadership, coaching, and communication disciplines
* On site experience at a plant/ brewery location
* 10 - 15 years in manufacturing, cost accounting, operations environment to include increasing role responsibilities and in staff management
* 5 - 7 years in management capacity in cost accounting/ manufacturing environment
* 3 - 5 years experience in a Plant Controller position or similar responsibilities
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
* Experience in SAP ERP preferred
* Possess high levels of proficiency in the development and utilization of standard cost accounting and budgeting systems
* Experience in managing on - site time and attendance output into centralized payroll processing and disbursement activities