Manager of Inspections ( Fire Protection ) 9/8/2016
The Fahrenheit Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Fahrenheit Group has been retained to an Inspections Manager for a client of ours in the fire protection industry. This individual will direct and manage the activities of the Inspection Departments Company-wide. Reviews and analyzes operations and forecasts future results to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. This position is responsible for planning and implementing the financialbudget of department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directs and manages the inspection function of the Company through Supervisory personnel utilizing Company policies, standards and procedures.
* Participates in the development of the Company's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
* Participates as a member of the Management Team by supporting Company initiatives while providing input and feedback on Company goals and programs.
* Develops, utilizes and manages financialbudgets for area of responsibility.
* Responsible for participating in and ensuring the successful start-up of all high profile Inspection projects by training and managing appropriate Team Members.
* Develops peer relationship with appropriate customer management personnel.
* Maintains appropriate staffing levels for department.
* Develops Inspections Departmental goals and communicates them throughout appropriate company managers and supervisors
* Responsible for training of new Team Members in Inspection and Testing roles as required.
* Responsible for maintaining current code requirements for all states, updates SOPs and communicates changes to all Managers, Supervisors and Sales and Marketing personnel.
* Responsible for managing and directing all special Inspection projects.
* Coordinating Annual Sales Plans with Vice President of Sales and Operations; all sales plans will be approved by Vice President of Sales and Operations.
* Audits complete inspection files to determine compliance with Company policy and procedures.
* Develops and maintains list of potential and existing customers and markets the Company and/or additional services to them.
* Has and is expected to use the authority to make decisions that will provide successful transactions and satisfy customers.
* Handles each transaction in a way that positively spreads our Company's reputation.
* Expected to keep our word 100% of the time and work every day until our obligations are met.
* Responsible for providing technical expertise and ensures appropriate level of training for Team Members.
* Reviews all contracts to ensure the protection of the Company in those relationships.
* Responsible for completing continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position.
* Must continuously adhere to Company's Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
* Expected to work safely, by using good judgment and following all Company safety policies and work procedures with authority to stop an unsafe act.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
* Must possess excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite -Professional programs and applicable database programs.
* Must possess excellent HP Enterprise Business Systems skills.
* Must possess a practical knowledge of fire protection codes and standards.
* Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
* Must provide quality customer service.
* Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work alone.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
* Must handle multiple projects and identify priorities.
* Must interact well with all levels of individuals, internally and externally.
* Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
* Must possess the ability to handle change, resolve conflict and solve problems as they arise with minimal direction.
* Must possess leadership skills necessary to promote team environment.
* Must be available to travel out of town up to 33% of the time.
* Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred, equivalent experience accepted.
* 10+ years of experience in the fire protection trade.
* 5+ years of management experience.
* Minimum Level III NICET certification in Inspection, testing and maintenance of water based systems required, OR
* The equivalent combination of education and experience.