Manager of Investment Operations 8/26/2016
Henderson Harbor Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Henderson Harbor Group is a premier executive search and consulting firm with specialized expertise in finance, accounting and tax. The search division recruits highly skilled professionals on a direct hire and consulting basis. We service our clients primarily in the NY and NJ areas as well nationally through our AAFA network (45 financial staffing affiliates throughout the U.S. and Canada).
Our client is a recently established investment management company located in NYC, and they are looking for a Manager of Investment Operations. The successful candidate will have experience with trade execution settlement, onboarding, monitoring and accounting of alternative investments, performance and risk reporting, and accounting (GAAP, IFRS).
* Manage operations for directly and indirectly managed fixed income and alternative investment portfolios with $4 billion in assets including trade settlement and supporting trade execution.
* Oversight of regulatory and accounting aspects of the portfolio, LPA/IMA/PPM
* Prepare global investment performance and risk flash reporting utilizing Clearwater Analytics and Bloomberg
* Develop, implement and administer investment guidelines and insure regulatory compliance
* Manage relationships including internal and external audit, vendors, sub service organizations and third party managers
* Assess and implement trading platforms, resolve daily issues that may arise and support internal capital movement and transactions
* Bachelor's Degree
* MBA or Master's degree from a top school preferred
* CFA or CPA is a plus
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience
* Strong knowledge of middle or back office operations in asset management/trading business and/or family office experience.
* Trade execution experience desired
* Proficient in Microsoft office and Excel
* Experience with Bloomberg a plus
* Detail minded with good problem solving skills
* Dedicated team member who is willing to put in the time and go the extra mile