Manager of Mining Operations 8/19/2016
A Mining Company
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MANAGER OF MINING OPERATIONS
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
* Mining Operations
* Leadership of up to 20 direct reports
Our client is seeking an experienced, energetic and results-oriented mining and metals professional to join their team to work in the capacity of Manager of Mining Operations.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and activities of a designated mine site to consistently produce the required raw materials on time at the correct quantity and quality in a cost effective and safe way through a motivated workforce.
The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of mining operations experience coupled with strong leadership skills and experience leading, and managing a team of 20 or more exempt and non-exempt direct reports.
Additional experience should include mining of premium niche gypsum, aggregates and plaster products for a diverse set of end markets including building products, energy, infrastructure, agriculture, food and pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred.
* Manages the mining and processing operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
* Hires, provides training, growth opportunities, support and guidance to approximately 20+ mining personnel appraises performance rewards and disciplines employees addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Plans and organizes daily activities of mine personnel with the Mine Foreman to execute blasting, extraction and hauling of aggregates.
* Collaborate and direct mine operations activities with Mine Foreman, and Maintenance and Processing departments to ensure that the strategic operational goals are achieved.
* Participates in the development and implementation of short-term mine plans.
* Enforces performance targets and measures and uses systems to assess the performance of the mine and direct reports reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets develops strategies for increasing productivity.
* Facilitates performance and compliance audits and ensures adherence to minimum standards.
* Responsible for the proper maintenance and use of heavy machinery.
* Ensures that safety, health and environmental legal and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
Best Industry - Mining, Metals
Best Department - Operations Management
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline is required.
* 5 - 7years of mining operations management experience (i.e. Limestone, calcium carbonates, etc.) is required.
* Experience with mining operations that include premium niche gypsum, aggregates and plaster supplier for a diverse set of end markets including building products, energy, infrastructure, agriculture, food and/or pharmaceuticals is required.
* Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
* Acts with a strong sense of urgency and responsibility realizing the business implications of decisions are required.
* Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating results-oriented solutions is required.
* Collaborates and partners with Operations staff and C-Level to ensure coordination of day-to-day operations is required.
* Experience managing and leading a team of 20 or more direct reports with hire/fire responsibilities are required.
* Experience cultivating, developing and mentoring a team of direct reports is required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals is required.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations is required.
* Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects or tasks simultaneously is required.
* Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
* Strong MS Office skills (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) are essential in this role.
* Up to 25% Domestic Travel is required.
* US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.