Manager of Planning & Purchasing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To strengthen our Team in the Operations area, we are seeking a
MANAGER OF PLANNING & PURCHASING
* Position Summary:
* The Manager of Planning & Operative Purchasing drives decisions and establishes procedures to ensure on time deliveries to customers, superior spare parts support for field service, level workloads in production, and optimal inventory quantities. Demonstrates leadership and provides guidance and training to facilitate optimal use of resources by utilizing analytic, forecasting and lean techniques to plan and procure materials for Manufacturing and Service.
* Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* 1. Drives top level production planning and acts as an interface with Customer Care and Sales to assign dates to customer orders.
* 2. Owns and drives the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
* 3. Institutes procedures to increase inventory turnover for raw material to meet corporate goals.
* 4. Develops material classifications and stocking strategies to support corporate objectives.
* 5. Implements purchasing strategies base on sales forecasts, desired service levels as defined by Sales and Product Management, past usage, lead times, pricing.
* 6. Develop pull systems such as Kanban to minimize on-hand inventory.
* 7. Ensures that SAP material master data is maintained consistently throughout all product lines.
* 8. Defines and manages KPIs that support overall corporate objectives.
* 9. Develops and maintains a high-performance culture.
* 10. Drives continuous improvement culture and initiatives that increase department effectiveness and efficiency.
* 11. Provides input on supplier performance to Strategic Purchasing department for supplier assessment reports.
* 12. Practices servant leadership and is passionate about developing employees to their fullest potential.
* 13. Conducts performance appraisals and identifies and communicates plans for employee development.
* 14. Ensures that all procedures and practices comply with company safety policies.
* Zeiss in an EEO M F Disabled Veteran Employer
* Mandatory Requirements:
* 1. Bachelor s degree.
* 2. 6-10 years leading MRP-based production planning, inventory planning, and forecasting functions.
* 3. 5 years experience in a capital equipment assembly environment and demonstrated success with lean production techniques (JIT, kan-ban, etc.)
* 4. Experience with Continuous Improvement (CIP) and quality tools, i.e.: PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act); FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), 6S
* Preferred Requirements:
* 1. Detail oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
* 2. Strong proficiency in office application software and ERP systems (SAP preferred).
* 3. APICS certification preferred.
* 4. Dynamic and energetic leadership style and be committed to rapid process improvements.
* 5. Exceptional organization, leadership, team development, and decision making skills
* 6. Superior written and oral communication skills at all levels within organization.
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC