Manager of Pricing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Arnold & Porter LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Finance & Accounting Department of Arnold & Porter LLP has an opening for a Manager of Pricing in the Washington DC office. The manager serves as an analytical resource to Firm attorneys, other Firm administrative departments and Firm clients in the area of strategic client pricing, in-depth client and practice group financial analysis, consulting advice, strategic planning and client development initiatives of the Firm. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Leading the Firm s pricing initiatives by advancing the current capabilities of the group, formalizing the budgeting, tracking and analyzing of client fee arrangements and educating the firm s key stakeholders on pricing strategies.
* Providing training on the Firm s financial tools to Partners and Administrative leaders, including the implementation of an advanced matter management software system for pricing and monitoring all client fee arrangements
* Leading the development and implementation of a menu pricing strategy for key internal stakeholders
* Staying informed of current market trends with particular focus on alternative fee arrangements, client pricing strategies and profitability improvement.
* Supporting Business Development with the modeling and recommendation of pricing for RFP s, client and matter budgets and alternative fee arrangements.
* Evaluating and developing best practices and benchmarking for fee agreements that maximize efficiencies in providing successful legal services.
* Working directly with practice group leaders providing monthly analysis and assisting with business plans.
* A minimum of five (5) years of related experience preferred, preferably in a professional services or corporate environment.
* Prior supervisory experience.
* BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
* Demonstrated strong track record of supporting and coaching decision makers and client-facing professionals (such as partners in a professional services firm) on issues involving pricing and profitability.
* Working knowledge of legal services pricing, alternative fee arrangements, and costing of services.
* Prior experience leading and managing analysts, preferably in the pricing and/or profitability function.
* Law Firm experience preferred.
* Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
* Redwood Analytics Business Intelligence Tools or other legal business intelligence software knowledge a plus.
* Must have attention to detail.
* Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
* Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and th