Manager of Procurement (HGCA) - Tulsa, OK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Continental Industries, headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was formed in 1958 and is today a leading manufacturer of connectors for gas, propane, and water distribution service lines and exothermic welding products for electrical grounding, cathodic protection, lightning protection, and electric railways.
Continental Industries has manufacturing locations in Tulsa and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and is the industry leader in the manufacturing of plastic and steel mechanical fittings for the Gas & Water industry. From the Constab to Scope, steel saddles to HVT, quality and service is what drives us at Continental Industries.
Responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of operational and tactical procurement activities for direct and in-direct commodities for HGCA (Hubbell Gas Connectors & Accessories which is comprised of Continental Industries, GasBreaker and Lyall) ensuring everything is within the guidelines of the company policy and goals.
* Works with Engineering and Operations to develop/maintain specifications for direct materials.
* Works with Engineering, and Operations to modify processes or specifications for direct materials to reduce variation of end product, reduce processing or material costs, or reduce internal and external scrap.
* Works with Engineering/Manufacturing to integrate early supplier involvement into new product development and/or product modifications as appropriate.
* Develops an in-depth awareness of vendor technology, industry profiles and world economic conditions as they relate to assigned items.
* Develops standard costs for items assigned.
* Keeps abreast of Best Practices in purchasing for items assigned.
* Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
* Advises management and other concerned personnel of significant issues within categories that may impact business.
* Analyzes categories and develop strategies to secure cost decreases.
* Performs duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
* Maintains open communications with sister divisions regarding new ideas and technology. May be part of corporate strategy teams.
Core Competency Requirements
* Managing supply agreements and activities associated with the procurement of raw materials and product components (steel, resin, copper scale, steel and ceramic components, others) from both domestic and international suppliers for manufacturing operations in Tulsa and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma; Malvern, PA; Corona, CA and New Berlin, WI.
* Managing supply agreements and activities associated with the procurement of finished goods (buy/resell items) from both domestic and international suppliers for Continental Industries, Lyall and GasBreaker.
* Managing supply agreements and activities associated with the procurement of goods and services required to support the manufacturing, selling, and administrative functions of the business.
* Managing and directing the activities of department personnel with responsibility for hiring/termination activities, performance evaluation and strategy deployment.
* Providing support through the coordination of supplier qualifications, data collection, data analysis/reporting and corrective/preventative actions.
* Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with suppliers (new and existing) who support and consistently achieve Continental s expectations for supplier performance. (quality, price, delivery, financial stability, etc.) Some travel required (20%).
* Monitors local/world events that impact pricing trends and, through the use of advanced tools, recommends proper timing and methodology upon which to make material purchases.
* Procures at competitive prices all materials, equipment and services as assigned. Strives to optimize the value to Continental of all purchases.
* Responsible for investigation of specific supply-base related issues, determination of root cause analysis and identification and implementation of corrective actions.
* Aggressively drives supplier performance improvement (quality and productivity).
* Maintains qualified supplier database.
* Leads the supplier evaluation and qualification process.
* Coordinates and assists with the supplier quality/process audits to support either the effectiveness of existing suppliers or the qualification of new suppliers.
* Leads quarterly reviews of supplier performance (quality, on-time delivery, etc). Ensure supplier development plans are in place and executed to address systemic gaps, trends of poor performance, and/or productivity improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field required
* At least ten (10) years' experience in a quality supplier development or procurement role is required experience in both domestic and international preferred
* Experience in the steel and plastic products industry is a plus
* Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
* Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, OEE, and other productivity methods and metrics preferred
* Strong written, oral, computer and data analysis skills
* Strong project coordination and organizational skills
* Proactive, energetic, professional self-starter
* Must exercise sound judgment and take initiative
* Excellent leadership skills, able to effect change throughout all levels of the organization
* Proficient in performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
* Superior interpersonal abilities
* Ability to get along with diverse personalities (including difficult vendors and/or customers), tactful, mature, flexible
* Participative management style advocate of team concept
* Results/people/service oriented and also assertive/persuasive/decisive
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.