- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Manager of Project Management
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Manager, Project Management leads a team of project managers who have responsibility for the successful implementation of projects. The Manager, Project Management provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet company objectives.
Manages workload, training, communication and best practices for the project management group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides direction and leadership to a functional team. Establishes and communicates goals and objectives for the team that are in line with the corporate direction. Makes decisions around hiring and terminations. Reviews individual and team performance and provides constructive feedback. Possesses specialized expertise in one or more functional areas.
• Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the team by implementing improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Oversees and manages expenses to divisional budget in coordination with the executive team.
• Oversees monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of division's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
• Oversees short and long-term divisional financial and managerial reporting.
• Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
• Provides recommendations for the management, delivery and installation of projects.
• Develops and executes a proactive approach that will create a competitive advantage for Pivot.
• Participates in Last Mile improvement ideas and implementation.
• Coordinates staff workloads to accommodate needs and compensate for overloads, absenteeism, and vacations. Insures balance and efficiency across all teams. Assures support of all teams and resolve problems as they arise.
• Participates in the interview and hiring process of new staff as required.
• Provides development and training of staff as assigned or applicable.
• Writes and delivers annual performance reviews.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with team, peers, clients, suppliers and other managers in the industry.
• Clarifies the vision by explaining how it will impact team and individual success; works collaboratively with team to brainstorm an action plan to implement the vision; sets objectives to put the vision into action through policies and procedures.
• Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance.
• Promotes cooperation among team members, enlisting the active participation of everyone.
• Proposes new approaches, methods or technologies.
• Provides helpful, behaviorally specific feedback to individuals and team.
• Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
• Regularly attends industry events to expand network.
• Support other team members as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
• Levels workload of PM team and re-assigns projects as necessary.
• Prioritizes projects as needed
• Identifies/fulfills additional resources for secondary support for PTO and out of office requirements.
• Manages own workload and delegates workload to supporting team members as required
• Partners with VP on process improvement, technology improvement, implementation, and training.
• Identifies best project management practices.
• Assists with bid responses and presentations.
• Reviews and analyzes budget vs actual PM/labor expenses - problem solves and implements better processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Regular communication with VP regarding workload levels.
• Articulates and qualifies project management department issues and concerns to VP.
Training & Development
• Demonstrates commitment to growth and development of the team.
• Assists in mentoring team project managers in process, skill development, problem solving and critical thinking.
• Mentors and trains new junior project managers
The Manager of Project Management directs and coordinates actions of the project management team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or GED plus design related Bachelor’s degree and at least 9 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Lead, train and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Working knowledge of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues essential. Other responsibilities may include: assisting with project management quarterly meetings, leveraging technology to improve efficiencies, assisting with training and advocating growth/learning.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance