Manager of Retail Design and Visual Merchandising 9/2/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IN 1978, RALPH LAUREN EXPANDED HIS LIFESTYLE BRAND TO REDEFINE THE WORLD OF FRAGRANCE BY LAUNCHING POLO FOR MEN AND LAUREN FOR WOMEN. FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, RALPH LAUREN FRAGRANCE HAS DESIGNED ESSENCES THAT CELEBRATE LUXURY AND EXEMPLIFY THE RALPH LAUREN TRADITION. THE RALPH LAUREN FRAGRANCES DMI (INTERNATIONAL) TEAM HAS AN EXCITING POSITION AVAILABLE FOR GLOBAL MERCHANDISING MANAGER IN NEW YORK, NY.
Job Description: Merchandising Manager
The Merchandising Manager is accountable for all Ralph Lauren Global Merchandising projects: Development and execution of the Brand Institutional Merchandising, planogramming and all Merchandising activities concerning the RL Collection (development of POS and PLV and support in the design and launch execution in local markets). Manager will also be responsible for supporting Brand counter openings on a global level and the specific adapted designs of flagship animations.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
* Institutional Brand Merchandising: further development and flagship renovations / openings (10%)
* The Project Lead and executor of all RL Collection Merchandising (Counter / Backwall / Gondola s) in the local countries and support in Retailing Projects (PLV for Sales/Retail tools) (60%)
* Support in Product Merchandising guidelines for the Backwall and Counters (planogram) for new launches and discontinuations (5%)
* Work on special designs with Marketing team on large animations and outposts of local countries (15%)
* Manage globally produced institutional PLV projects (shelve talkers, versatile glorifier etc) (5%)
* Coordinate and work with the Zone, Countries Marketing and Brand Retail Designers on merchandising related topics. Keep record of country POS and gather local needs for further merchandising development (15%)
* Degree in Design and/or Art
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
* Sensitivity to the cosmetics m tier and affinity with fashion and luxury products
* Excellent computer skills: Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design etc.
* Passion for education
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Team player, networking skills and people & service oriented
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the M tier of L Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.