Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION The Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will be responsible for all SEC Filings (10K, 10Q, S-4, 8K, Proxy, Etc.) as well as Technical Accounting review on new accounting pronouncements. They will assist in the management for compliance with SOX related items, Disclosure Committee's, Investor Relation Presentations, and other projects as deemed appropriate.
* Coordinate and prepare Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) quarterly and annual reports, including financial statements, footnotes, Management's Discussion and Analysis, Earnings Releases, as well as assist in the Earnings Presentations and Investor Presentations;
* Complete the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) for the Form 10-Q and 10-K; as well as other SEC Filings such as 8K's, Proxy and Annual Report, Form SD, S-4, etc.
* Responsible for maintenance of supporting documentation related to SEC reporting, including various disclosure checklists and quarterly S-X testing;
* Manage the Disclosure Committee Agenda, Minutes and Meetings;
* Responsible for accuracy of Form 3, Form 4 and Form 5 Filings;
* Research new and existing U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC guidance;
* Prepare written accounting position papers on an as-needed basis for review by management and external auditors;
* Identify and implement improvements in process or internal procedures to more effectively compile and analyze data for SEC reporting purposes;
* Manage the Company's SOX compliance efforts in relation to the Company's SOX documentation and compliance over the financial reporting processes;
* Work with management to identify, propose and develop enhanced reporting functionality; incorporate enhancements of reporting techniques into existing processes and identify alternatives for improvement;
* Assist with aspects of the monthly and quarterly close;
* Support external audits and reviews;
* Responsible for software related programs for financial reporting such as Blackline, RR Donnelley Active Disclosure, Etc.
Do you possess these abilities*
* Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting, and SEC compliance.
* Demonstrated problem solving ability.
* Proven attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers alike.
* Strong ability to read and interpret technical research and reports and apply information to specific business situations.
* The ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting, CPA is preferred, but experience may be substituted.
* Six to eight years related work experience.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.