Manager of Surgery 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for MANAGER OF SURGERY for our client in FRESNO, CA
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OF SURGERY
JOB LOCATION: FRESNO, CA
JOB TYPE: TEMPORARY / REGULAR FULL TIME
* Required Manager of Surgery
* Reasonable accommodation Statement:
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* BSN preferred.
* ACLS Certificate required. CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room) preferred.
* Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required.
* Minimum Work Experience: Five (5) years of experience in surgical nursing.
* Two (2) years of nursing management experience preferred.
* Required Licenses: Current California Registered Nursing License.
* Must be familiar with healthcare industry concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
* Ability to plan and prioritize work with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge and proficiency of hospital information technology applications
* Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisivelyand objectively, is direct but tactful, provides guidance and assistance to improve performance.
* Assists surgeons in operations through provision of qualified staff; formulates schedule which provides staff available for all procedures.
* Assumes 24-hour responsibility for administrative and operational functions of the Surgical Services department.
* Attend and participate 2 out 4 Mock Code Blue drills per year.
* Completes evaluations and submits two (2) weeks prior to review.
* New employees are given checklists, oriented and evaluated at the end of 90 days.
* Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
* Consults with Director of Surgical Services on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
* Controls traffic to avoid infection.
* Creates and communicates long-term vision, balances short and long term goals, keeps own and teams work aligned with overall goals, understands the market and can predict change, understands the industry and the competition, creates and adjusts strategic plans.
* Defines and ensures compliance with standards of patient care and nursing practice
* Develops an annual education plan for staff. Implements and educates staff on an Annual Basis.
* Empowers and motivates staff in an environment that values results through teamwork
* Evaluates needs for new or different items in regard to present and new trends or needs of the department.
* Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
* Manages staffing issues and promotes the development of self and others for the advancement of the organization and the individual.
* Operates within established capital budgets, controls and guidelines.
* Make recommendations for Capital purchases and assists in the development of the annual budget.
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation for quality assurance, performance improvement and customer satisfaction programs.
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals, objectives and policies/procedures that contribute to the achievement of the department and organizations strategic plan.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Performs personnel management functions for establishing personnel qualification requirements, interviewing, training and evaluation of staff members and instituting personnel actions according to the organizational philosophy and policies.
* Plans and organizes departmental activities to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instruction of surgeons, anesthesiologists and hospital administrative procedures.
* Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
* Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
* Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, address root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
* Supervises care of OR suite and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility and operational ability of all items.
* Verifies that narcotics and controlled substances are counted and locked, per hospital policy.
* Operating Room