Manager of Therapy Services 8/10/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25121-83261
The MANAGER OF THERAPY SERVICES is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Therapy Department functions in support of the organization s mission, vision and goals. This includes, but is not limited to, management of the budget, provision of patient care services, performance improvement, compliance with regulatory standards and business development.
* Effectively allocates financial, physical and human resources to ensure that operations are effective and efficient.
* Operates across organizational boundaries and recognizes implications of actions and plans.
* Ensures Department/Unit provides positive customer service.
* Identifies critical changes required to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Establishes clear Operational Unit goals and hold staff accountable for their responsibilities and performance.
* Ensures compliance with professional regulations.
* Fosters development of Department/Unit employees to enhance their ability to contribute to meet business goals.
* Develops effective processes to improve quality of the department and hospital; Maintains/manages department specific QI; Facilitates staff education regarding current quality initiatives.
* Maintains department policy and procedure manuals.
* Completes patient treatment within specific licensure guidelines.
* Assures department participation in all hospital wide educational programs/requirements.
* Active participant in achieving and/or maintaining accreditation related to specific departmental operations.
* Bachelor s Degree required; Master s Degree preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS and/or REGISTRATIONS
* Current Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Therapist Licensure in the State of Texas required.
* Current BLS certification required.
* Three (3) years of management experience required.
* NICU experience preferred.
Last Edited: 08/08/2016