Managing Consultant, Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Individual with strong technical and leadership skills, that will provide insight to enhance the viability of the business & drive differentiation in the market place. This individual will be hands on as well as oversee the engineering team with the delivery of projects, ensuring engineers are technically prepared; services are completed fully and efficiently, and have met or exceeded client expectations. Key responsibilities include:
* Technical Leadership
* Client Relations
* Business Management
* Team Building.
Project engineering for New York TriState area is primarily Public Cloud-focused. Managing Consultant will manage a Public Cloud-focused Engineering team responsible for cloud projects at multiple customer sites across the New York TriState area. Must possess excellent technical team management, cloud troubleshooting skills, and be flexible with hours. Must have own car. Training is available in advanced cloud technologies.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional and/or MCSD Azure Solutions Architect certifications or equivalent experience
* Strong communication skills
* Solid documentation experience with Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel
* Ambitious and goal-oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete:
* 8 years of related experience with project deliverables from a VAR/Systems Integrator experience mandatory
* Prior experience working closely with customers and collaborating with IT staff
* Prior management experience preferred
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Masters degree preferred.
* Approximately 5+ years of architecting & consulting Cloud experience in the context of a services organization such as mid/large system integrators
* Approximately 5+ year's design and/or implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
* Approximately 2+ years' experience in migrating on premise workloads to the public cloud / hybrid cloud
* Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with programming experience in one or more of the following areas: * .NET, * C++, * Java, * PHP, * Perl, * Python, * Ruby on Rails, * Pig/Hive
* Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies including AWS and/or Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.).
* Thorough understanding of and/or ability to solution service offerings across
* Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components: Software design or development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
* Technical prowess and passion-especially for AWS/Azure, modern Application design practices and principles.
* Oversight experience on major cloud transformation projects
* Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell preferred)
* Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database components
1 Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
2 Hands on experience on AWS services; VPC creation, Security rule configuration, DR, AWS DWH platforms
3 Experience with automation technologies like CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet
4 Understanding of DevOps and implementation of DevOps in large organizations.
5 AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift
6 AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53,
1 Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Azure Templates, Azure Blob Storage, Azure DSC, Azure Automation, Azure AD Experience moving workloads from on-premises infrastructure to IaaS
* A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
* Experience with Windows Server/Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
* Working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores and NoSQL databases.
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.