Managing Director, Risk Advisory Services - Financial Institutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
BDO USA, LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Risk Advisory Services Managing Director is responsible for leading a department of professionals to ensure clients are provided with high value solutions in the areas of internal auditing, ERM, SOX, business process improvement, information technology, audit and fraud investigations. In this role, the Risk Advisory Services Managing Director is charged with managing the services of the Risk Advisory Services practice, ensuring all engagements achieve projected / forecasted engagement metrics and identifying and pursuing opportunities to broaden the services and client base of the Risk Advisory Services practice.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or other relevant field required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Twelve (12) or more years of experience within a public accounting firm or Fortunate 1000 company performing internal audit, consulting or risk services required
- Prior experience with internal controls including flowcharts, documentation and testing of controls required
- Prior experience conducting audit planning, developing audit programs, performing testing and preparing work papers required
- CPA , Chartered Accountant and/or CIA/CISA certification required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically business / proposal / report writing
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effectively managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Ability to develop and enhance client service methodologies related to control assessment, internal auditing, ERM, SOX and Anti-fraud
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Capacity to build and maintain a strong network of business contacts and market relationships
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability