This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONExponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 700 consultants, including more than 425 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Engineering Management Consulting Practice is currently seeking a Managing Engineer in our Menlo Park or Oakland, CA office, who has expertise in combined management and technical consulting in the electric power industry, with an emphasis on high voltage transmission and distribution systems. This individual will assist our clients in addressing strategic business issues that involve technically complicated issues. This position will provide management and technical consulting services to the electric power industry.
This consultant will be responsible for the following:
* Attracting and developing clients
* Growing Exponent's consulting business in the electric transmission and distribution areas
Consulting services will include projects such as system planning, system analysis, system operations, regulatory strategy, technology evaluation and deployment, project justification, asset management, rate case support, siting and permitting support, and major event investigation.
Qualifications for this position include:
* M.S. or Ph.D. in an Engineering discipline, or B.S. in an Engineering discipline plus an M.B.A.
* P.E. preferred
* Significant prior experience in electrical power industry (utility management or consulting for utilities)
* Significant expertise and experience in electric power transmission and distribution systems
* Strong utility industry network
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer. Back Email Apply Now