This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONLife Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA - 10 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Managing Principal at our Charleston, SC office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
The Managing Principal (MP) is responsible for the success of the engagement and the creation of our "Advocate Client". The MP will have sufficient interaction with the project teams and client's team members to provide first-hand performance evaluation and coaching. Works closely with both Director of the Institute, the Asset Management Director, other MPs and RCG Leadership team members to make personnel assignments and manage schedules. Business development activities to include expanding scope of current work and finding opportunities at other sites are highly valued activities, but cannot interfere with the primary responsibility of a successful engagement and creating advocate clients. MP's will almost always be assigned for the duration of the engagement.
* This position will require an excellent balance of technical ability, strong work ethics, written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills and dynamic people skills
* Keep CRM current with all opportunities, using the gated project management process and procedures
* Sell and maintain an order book of greater than $4MM on average annually
* Meet or exceed utilization targets:
* Greater than 60% on (multiple) client engagements: strategizing, coaching, managing projects, ensuring outstanding delivery and client satisfaction, and upselling
* 35% selling new client engagements, both to new clients and existing clients but new sites
* 5% Administrative
* Keep knowledgeable in all LCE offerings, best practices and work processes
* Ensure conformance with all LCE's and RCG's practices, processes, and procedures
* Identify and quantify client issues
* Articulate the features of our service offerings that addresses specific client issues
* Explain the benefits of our unique solution/value differentiators
* Demonstrate proof of our products and services
* Perform/lead Rx, Operational Excellence, & Asset Management opportunity assessments
* Design and craft client-specific solutions with business case: economic benefits & payback schedule
* Persuasively coach clients of our value and sell them on our findings and recommendations, using the business case to sell our value, not rates
* Structure the engagements, using a project execution plan that ensure highest return on investment for the clients and the highest utilization for LCE
* Manage the implementation recommendations/solutions so that the client receives the necessary resources to be successful, exceeding the benefits promised in the recommendations
* Maintain the relationship with the client keeping them informed of engagement progress and coach client to make timely, relevant decisions to ensure engagement success
* Maintain client relationship once the engagement is completed, informing them of new products and service that will add value to their organization
* Leverage the client's advocacy for new LCE clients and/or engagements
Education & Experience Requirements
* Advanced degree or an accreditation within their profession (i.e. MBA, PE, CRE, CMRP, CPMM, CPIM, CRL, Six Sigma, Lean, RCM)
* At least 20 years of industry experience
* Have executive-engineering level presentation skills
* At least 10 years of experience selling, leading and implementing large consulting projects ($2MM++) across multiple plants/divisions and substantial experience in the following areas:
* Work/Best practice development and implementation experience in industrial setting
* Reliability from the holistic perspective: processes, people, systems etc. (29 element model, not just equipment reliability)
* Plant financial analysis and business case development
* Plant start up experience
* In-depth consulting/engagement knowledge and experience in at least two of our primary industry verticals/horizontals:
* Supply Chain
Skills, Abilities & Traits
* Must be able to establish professional and personal relationships with all position stakeholders; a person of high character and humility that easily establishes credibility within RCG and client organizations.
* Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work of the team as a whole within rapidly changing business and contract conditions and priorities; must be able to manage to, and meet, tight deadlines.
* Ability to understand prospective clients' business challenges, define a consultative solution and persuade prospective clients to choose LCE's solution above all others.
* Strong financial and data analysis skills, including the ability to develop consultative solutions and corresponding cost benefit business case for engagement and present findings in a concise, thorough and informative manner.
* Knowledgeable in systematic Change Management Practices and their integration in consultative solutions.
* Strong knowledge of systematic Program Management Best Practices and their application in consultative solution engagements.
* Strong proposal development and proposal management experience.
* Ability to coach, mentor, share knowledge and develop others; training in Account Management and Business Development practices.
* Experience in deploying knowledge management utilizing a tool like SharePoint (customer success stories, reusable proposal content and graphics, resumes).
* Demonstrated ability to assess RCG's current state and develop future state processes, and continuously improve them.
* Proficiency in CRM or some other Business Development tool.
Physical Demands & Expectations
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Flexibility to travel approximately 50 - 70% of the time.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax, scanner and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our