Manual Machinist - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONManual Machinist - 2nd Shift
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders to machine/fabricate metallic and nonmetallic work pieces.
Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and determines sequence of operations.
Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, tool posts, etc.).
Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns hand wheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool work piece.
Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as the band saw.
Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms
* Frequently required to walk.
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Must be able to frequently lift from 1 - 50 pounds.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Occasionally exposed to vibration.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Strong mechanical aptitude desired
* Basic computer knowledge and skills
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height gage and scales
* Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
* Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
Math skills: decimals, percentages, fractions, ratios, proportions; geometry and trigonometry is a plus
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
Basic computer knowledge and skills