Manufacturing Associate-Filling-Multiple Openings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONManufacturing Associate (Filling)
Shift To Be Determined
Alkermes, Inc. is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland, and Wilmington, OH. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Alkermes is seeking an experienced individual for our Wilmington, OH site with responsibility for pharmaceutical filling manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Production, filling and inspection of pharmaceutical formulations.
* Assist with facility cleaning and operational maintenance.
* Assist with facility and process validations as required.
* Perform aseptic production operations and validations.
* Assist with environmental monitoring as required.
* Assist with clean room sanitization as required.
* Assist with RCRA and safety inspections as required.
* Document all work as required by CGMPs on a timely basis.
* Read and follow all Company SOPs and guidelines.
* Abide by all safety requirements as defined by the company.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree preferred; scientific discipline including Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field. Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant manufacturing experience desired.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
* Basic knowledge of the Scientific Method including chemistry and biology, along with math skills, including simple algebra.
* Ability to read, understand and accurately follow company SOPs and guidelines.
* Basic knowledge of steam/dry heat sterilization theories.
* Basic knowledge of HAZCOM, RCRA and other Safety requirements.
* Basic level of mechanical/technical aptitude.
* Good documentation skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to lift / move 40 lbs. overhead.
* Ability to learn how to operate all types of production equipment (I.e. Autoclave, Dry Heat Oven, etc.).
* Good collaborative/team skills; works well in small team environment
* Readily adapts to changing job duties and ability to work under pressure
* Motivated, disciplined, flexible
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.