Production Operator I/II (Multiple Openings) 9/13/2016
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
San Diego, CA
The purpose of this position is to perform the tasks and operations that support the bulk manufacturing and/or filling operation in the preparation for and sterile production of liquid injectable, sustained release pharmaceutical products under cGMP regulations. These products are manufactured under the most stringent of conditions, and a strong work ethic and pride of workmanship are a must.
* Integrity test filters, wash glassware and parts, prep and autoclave parts
* Order materials, dispense materials
* Perform weighing operations and parts of solution prep
* Assist with vial washing and depyrogenation
* Stock Production gown areas
* Read, comprehend, and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Initiate Incident Reports in Track Wise
* Complete GMP documentation (Batch Records, Forms, Charts)
* Communicate floor observations to supervisory staff
* Complete training and qualification in clean room gowning practices and procedures
* Sanitizing and/or decontaminating production areas
* Support departmental medium qualification requirements
* Contribute to the authoring and revision of standard operating procedures
* Assist in maintaining the production areas in a cGMP state at all times
* Adhere to EH&S policies, procedures, and guidelines
* Inspect finished products*
* *Note: Employees participating in inspection activities must meet inspection requirements.
* A high school diploma/GED is required, plus minimum 1 year of pharmaceutical experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for diploma/GED requirement.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university may be substituted for industry experience.
* The ability and willingness to work as a team player and possess good interpersonal skills
* Must have good attention to detail and documentation skills,
* Must have good reading and comprehension skills with the ability to follow written procedures, drawings and charts.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with the rest of the team
* Must possess strong written and verbal English communication skills
* Should be organized and able to work to the schedule
* Ability to operate in a clean room environment
* Must understand and be proficient with basic arithmetic calculations, including calculating elapsed time and ratio calculations
* Computer proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required