Manufacturing Design Engineer - Camera Sensor and Production Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
KLA-Tencor has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
* Manufacturing engineering support for the cameras, sensors, and printed circuit assemblies in the assembly and test production area. As technical owner, manage issues of the camers on our tool builds.
* Manage the quality system by completing failure analysis of all issues seen internally and in the field, EOL issues from our suppliers, and reliability concerns and improvement projects.
* Engineering change orders, and management of test data entry and test specifications into our quality database platform.
* Interface closely with our design teams, and act as manufacturing representative in key design review meetings and as part of New Product Development teams.
* Help establish new test strategies and assist design engineering with tooling for new cameras into production.
* Lead a team of cross-functional people supporting a camera subsystem in production in a matrixed and highly collaborative environment.
* Present technical and project status to upper management in weekly reports and during project review meetings.
* Design Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering experience related to assembly and test of TDI cameras, TDI CCD sensors, or other sensor or camera related technology.
* Printed Circuit board assembly design or manufacturing knowledge and experience, and/or productioin engineering support experience.
* Good understanding of high-speed analog and mixed circuit design, component selection, schematic entry, PCB Layout and assembly.
* Strong integration, debug, and testing skills on bench test systems and tools, with proven engineering problem solving ability.
* Proficient in the use of complex laser-based optical systems and test equipment. Network analyzers, spectrometers, high-speed oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
* Experience/ knowledge with Design tools like: OrCad, Allegro, PCAD, Chipscope, JTAG
* Experience with automation tools or data acquisition programs like: LabView, Python, MATHLAB, knowledge of Linux networking
* Must possess good interpersonal skills and communication skills to work in a collaborative environment with peers, planners, materials, production management.
* Project management skills are required to manage escalations across functional groups, participate in a product lifecycle team, and to lead high profile projects to improve reliability, testing, failure analysis, design, or supplier issues.
* Must have good presentation skills to present and discuss technical and project related material to upper management.
Doctorate (Academic)ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development