This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) Business Unit is seeking a driven, skilled Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to be a key member of our innovative Automation Team. In this role, you will be the team lead to integrate motion control and electronics in new automated manufacturing systems. As the Manufacturing Automation System Control Engineer, you will apply your unique technical skills to work creatively as a member of the Automation Team to design, develop and streamline new controls for an integrated machine system.
This position reports to the Manager of Machining and provides the technical knowledge needed for the Automation Team s progress and success, from initial project development to deployment on the manufacturing floor. As a key member of the Automation Team, you will work closely with the automation technician, manufacturing engineer and other team members. You will practice your knowledge of state of the art electronics, electro-hydraulics, electro-pneumatic controls, programmable controllers, CNCs and mechanical systems. You will also support automation projects deployed on the manufacturing floor by maintaining CNC production equipment through Preventative and Emergency Maintenance, troubleshooting issues causing machines to breakdown, and clearly communicating progress and outcomes to Machinists and Supervisors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Practiced analytical troubleshooting. Understands electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic mechanical schematics and blueprints. Skilled in troubleshooting equipment, VOM and oscilloscope. Proficient at reading and interpreting machine manuals in order to identify particular hardware and software failures. Installs, debugs, and evaluates new and modified equipment to ensure conformance to both machine and product specifications.
* Builds and assists in building new automated systems.
* Implements equipment upgrades and improvements to increase machine uptime, production output, product quality, or equipment reliability.
* Performs tear down, repair, recalibration and reprogramming to restore operation with minimum delay to production.
* Follows safety guidelines while working on machinery or in facilities. Including lock out/ tag out.
* Demonstrated PLC skill, including writing Ladder Logic and/or ST programs from scratch (REQUIRED)
* Basic knowledge of text-based computer programming (in a language such as Java, C, Python, etc.) (preferred)
* Experience with data transfer protocols (such as EtherNet/IP, TCP/IP, Fieldbus)
* Experience reading electrical schematics and following the National Electrical Code
* Able to troubleshoot electronic and mechanical equipment in a timely manner
* Positive teamwork experience; excellent communication with team members and management
* Math skills, including basic matrix/array operations, as electrical wiring work requires use of decimals and percentages, and controls communication often requires matrix/array manipulation for efficient and effective data transfer
* Prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties
* 4 year EE or EET degree, 5 years of experience in related field (preferred)
* Creativity and innovative mindset; enthusiasm for learning new control software; eagerness to apply skills to tackle new challenges (REQUIRED)