Manufacturing Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Manufacturing Engineers are primarily responsible for the development and implementation of composite materials and processes for aerospace structures, from design concepts to production-ready maturity. They utilize AEC's new-product-introduction process to plan, organize, execute, and support independent and team projects to achieve all customer technical requirements and goals. Manufacturing Engineers are also responsible for sustaining existing production programs, supporting strategic company initiatives, and providing key technical expertise to the organization.
* Develop and apply composite materials and manufacturing processes to meet all customer product requirements in a fully documented, production-ready process. Select materials and consumables, create and maintain BOMs. Identify Key Product Characteristics (KPC's), manage, control and assure compliance of them throughout product value chain. Design, qualify, and implement tools, fixtures and equipment as required to develop these textiles, preforms, or composite parts and produce conforming product.
* Work closely with program team to ensure achievement of key technical customer requirements within program schedule and budget; ensure specific resources are identified and provided as needed (tooling, equipment, materials, etc.). Support project team meetings and activities related to engineering/technical elements of program. Provide guidance and support for other project engineering resources on program team.
* Leads continuous improvement initiatives/projects with a cross-functional team in manufacturing. Form teams, lead Kaizens, and implement solutions to drive results based on the trending and data analysis performed in the Value Stream Map. Supports the Lean Six Sigma initiatives with production (i.e. Waste Reduction, Setup/Change over Time reduction, Mistake Proofing, 5s). Lead and support DMAIC problem solving efforts. Responsible for championing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in the production areas.
* Provide configuration board authority for engineering, including change definition, qualification and approval, material review, defect or process failure investigation, root cause and corrective action.
* Define criteria for production readiness, and qualify developed processes, procedures and tooling/fixtures in support of transition to production. Ensure compliance to Quality System Procedures, and ensure supplier performance meets requirements.
* Identify opportunities to improve the manufacturing process, assess the costs/benefits of the improvements, and effectively communicate, obtain approval as required, and implement those changes.
* Provide engineering/technical project updates and communications as needed by internal and external customers.
* Provide mentoring and technical leadership to the engineering organization in relevant areas of expertise. Identify and support implementation of organizational process improvement initiatives.
* Support new business development efforts by preparing proposals and supporting quotation. Revise quotations through the life cycle of a project to ensure that the organization is compensated for work associated with changes in the scope of the program.
* BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering; equivalent experience may be considered.
* 5+ years of experience in manufacturing/process engineering; aerospace composite industry preferred.
* Knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing methods, production processes, quality control, costing, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Experience in the design and development of composite structure, materials, and processes desirable.
* Experience with new product introduction or product design and development process, engineering change process, material review process, document control, and quality control systems.
* Experience with manufacturing process control methods and tools, such as root cause analysis, SPC, and manufacturing process qualification.
* Practical knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma tools such as 5S, Visual Factory, and value stream mapping desirable.
* Familiarity with MRP/planning methodologies (SAP, Oracle, etc.) preferred.
* Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills to interface with technicians, leads, supervisors, and management.
* Must be able to drive results by leading effectively and efficiently the initiatives in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Must have in-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Must possess excellent problem solving and project management skills.
* Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
* Must be able to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data
* Proficiency with GD&T and inspection methods.
* Experience using CAD/CAM software (Solid Works, UG, CATIA or equivalent) preferred.
* Embody the Albany Engineered Composites core values of accountability, fact-based, persistence, respect, and ethics.
* Willingness to perform \\"hands-on\\" work in dynamic work environment.
* Strong decision-making, action-oriented and results-driven with strong customer focus.
* Good planning and organizational skills with ability to self-direct and balance work in alignment with program and project priorities.
* Attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled