Manufacturing Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Company Name: Kirkhill Elastomers is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of Esterline Engineered Materials.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: Engineering members, Management, and all levels of employees
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Optimize all aspects of manufacturing process by identifying opportunities and applying
simpler, faster, more cost effective and reliable methods in all phases of manufacturing process.
* Create/Update work instructions and manufacturing routers for all departments.
* Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean, Poka yoke and Six Sigma to attain the perfect value stream for our product and reduce the cost of manufacturing.
* Document all manufacturing processes and keep current.
* Train other employees as required.
* Provide guidance to Engineering, planning and cost estimating on routers and tooling.
* Execute special projects as assigned.
* Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
* Extend courteous support to manufacturing at all times.
* Manage projects effectively: make commitments, meet deadlines and communicate.
* Support process improvement activities whenever possible.
* Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment, techniques and concepts.
* Write justification for required capital asset additions.
* Design tooling, fixtures, and jigs to facilitate manufacturing.
* The ability to work with minimum supervision and make independent decisions.
* Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving parts and process issues.
* Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines in fast paced environment.
* Team player with ability to work well with employees and customers alike.
* High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
* Intermediate skills in working with Microsoft Office.
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
* Three to five years experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).