Manufacturing Engineer - Continuous Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Overview
The role of the M.E. is to initiate and provide guidance to the design, development, troubleshooting, and optimization of manufacturing and supporting processes, using classical manufacturing engineering skills. A M.E. has a high degree of knowledge and understanding of 1 or more critical manufacturing processes.
This will be a 1st shift position working Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM. Hours may vary depending on business need.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Able to seek, recognize, define, and solve problems/opportunities within the Factory using Lean Six Sigma methods.
* Ability to define manufacturing process, including layout and concepts.
* Mentor technical and nontechnical staff in customer specific process and requirements.
* Demonstrate the ability to review labor quotes versus actual times, and implement process improvements where opportunities arise.
* Ability to review Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and provide feedback on labor impact of change.
* Proficient understanding of manufacturing process controls and the statistical applications associated.
* Assists with Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRR's).
* Proactively questions specific technical requests from the customer, ensuring feasibility and ultimate mutual success.
* Makes recommendations as to what format (e.g. tape-n-reel vs. bulk, etc.) to receive raw material in, to optimize the manufacturing process.
* Able to determine facility requirements (floor space, utilities, ancillary equipment, etc.) for new processes or equipment, adhering to safety and ergonomic practices.
* Cognizant to low test yields, and able to determine root causes of manufacturing-related defects.
* Able to take a supporting role in Process Validation activities.
* Participates on customer support teams, representing manufacturing and engineering.
Skills & Abilities
* Ability to identify resources needed to accomplish assignments, and provide a projected timeline.
* Helps to expand the knowledge of other team members through training and delegating activities.
* Secures relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources before making important decisions.
* Draws conclusions from technical experiments, information or data, and uses this to support decisions.
* Able to create and adhere to a project plan or timeline, anticipating potential problems and suggesting contingency plan.
* Able to generate and/or recognize imaginative solutions and innovations in work-related situations (e.g. recognizes opportunities created by new, evolving technologies).
* Demonstrates a proactive approach by identifying applications for ideas in a preventative manner, rather than being reactive to everyday problems that occur.
* Able to make effective presentations to peer groups within the department/factory, and demonstrates the ability to tailor presentation information to the audience.
* Accepts and acts in accordance to the rules, guidelines, and established norms of the organization.
* Takes a proactive approach, anticipating potential problems and implementing preventive measures.
* Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the inter-relationships and roles, establishing contacts and interacting effectively, with the various departments within the company.
* Establishes contacts and interacts effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
* Be a Factory Process Owner for one of the core competencies of manufacturing. (e.g. SMT, Wave, Cleaning).
* Work with Site Process Engineers, as well as Corporate Process Engineers.
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's degree an Engineering or a related field is preferred. A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering is highly desirable.
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
* Experience of 3 or more years in a similar role is preferred. Equivalent industry experience of 4 or more years is highly desirable.
* Hands on experience and/or classroom experience in CAD, Solid Works, or other 3D modeling software is highly desirable.
* Experience with Gerber, MAX, JDE, and Microsoft Visio is desirable.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!