Manufacturing Engineer - Controls
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONManufacturing Engineer - Controls
Position ID: req3627
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Memphis, 3231 Paul R Lowry Road, Memphis, TN 38109 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/31/2016
Position is responsible for the design and development of the process control systems for the facility. This includes the specification of control system hardware and software, including the material to support installation. Development of control systems in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, company requirements and various customer specifications.
Position is responsible for the control implementation of the project. This implementation includes but is not limited to: configuration, programming, communications, system architecture, trending, historical data, control room and control panel arrangement, equipment layout, factory acceptance testing and field checkout and pre-commissioning.
Key responsibility to ensure that the production plant can be monitored and controlled to optimum efficiency through advanced control maintenance, support and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
* Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
* Design and procure tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
* Evaluate and solve production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods. Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
* Work closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates on a daily basis and conducts training to introduce new processes.
* Bachelor s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering preferred.
* 6 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
* Must have experience with programming PLC s to run large electro-mechanical equipment. High expertise in Allen Bradley PLC, Motion Controllers and HMI hardware and software platforms required.
* Must be able to develop a new PLC program and control system including safety system, part selection, bill of materials, drawings, programs, parameters, configuration of devices.
* Must be familiar with Networking topology. Ethernet and other networking protocols.
* Must have experience with programming Data Bases, Data acquisition and other applicable software required for Test and Process Automation., .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Background in Electronics, Power Supply and Electrical Distribution applicable for Equipment and Process, as well as capability to troubleshoot Electrical problems.
* The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
* Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of motors, PLC controls, and programming theory is required.
* Ability in understanding manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
* Understanding manufacturing processes such as metal bending and forming, welding and cutting, powder paint, assembly methods, conveyor, testing, packaging, adhesives, foaming, thermoforming, injection molding is a plus
* Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
* Engineering experience in automated and hand assembly equipment with direct involvement in leading lower level engineers and maintenance technicians
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor saving initiatives. Demonstrated ownership in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
* Ability to troubleshoot equipment/processes and implement improvements.
* Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
* Ability to lead maintenance technicians in area of responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
* Strong Electronics, Electricity, Motors and PLC Hardware design experience.
* Understanding of medium voltage switchgear, substation and power distribution is a plus.
* Strong Mechanical skills mainly Hydraulic and Pneumatics.
* Control panel layouts, design wire diagrams.
* Design experience with VFD (variable frequency drive).
* Comfortable working from concept to implementation.
* Familiarity with federal, state, and local codes such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, JIC.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.