This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER that will be part of our Life Support Manufacturing Engineering Team. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Lead cost-out events and promote culture of continuous improvement.
* Apply lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customers expectations.
* Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products.
* Conduct Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable.
* Develop work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
* Participate in new product development projects using the Cobham Lifecycle Management Process to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules.
* Develop and integrate new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business.
* Compose Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
* Minimum of a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Engineering Technology).
* Minimum of one year experience with Lean/continuous improvement, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), Root Cause problem solving, Assembly Process Development, Routing, Work Instructions, and Procedures.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Electromechanical engineering experience.
* Aerospace industry experience.
* Experience with Change Control Boards and/or Material Review Boards.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Scott Pavlick