Manufacturing Engineer 8/9/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to consciously, and rigorously, use manufacturing tools to ensure the processes produce a quality product that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Pursue, with discipline, continuous improvements in all aspects of the manufacturing processes. Actively participate in the development and execution of annual Policy Deployment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyze quality test results and perform engineering analysis to ensure production meets qualityrequirements.
* Develop manufacturing processes for new product launches.
* Able to troubleshoot and "real-time" problem solve manufacturing issues through utilization of the lean tools.
* Ability to perform time observations as required.
* Ability to create and post standard work.
* Implement, communicate, and use tools in designing fixtures, establishing processes and assisting operators.
* Ability to assign priorities to tasks/ assignments so they are completed within the designated timeframe.
* Attend production meetings to give engineering insight on process issues as required.
* Able to work, in limited situations, off-shift for blocks of time to support production.
* Review product designs for manufacturability and completeness.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in assembly processes and line layout is required.
* CNC machining experience is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to continuously improve manufacturing processes.
* Ability to engage others at all levels in the organization in a manner which facilitates collaboration in problem solving.
* Bachelors' degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering Tech or related field.
* Manufacturing environment - CNC Machining and assembly
* Lifting requirements - occasionally lifting of 5 pounds