Manufacturing Engineer II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHY JOIN BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION IN CALIFORNIA*
We integrate all global operations at our worldwide headquarters in Valencia, California, close to Los Angeles, close to the beach, close to the mountains, close to the desert. All the advantages of Southern California but more affordable than many other areas nearby. Looking for onsite amenities* We have an on-campus bistro, credit union, gym, and Toastmasters club. Take advantage of 360 days of sunshine a year on our basketball and volleyball courts. Join our softball and soccer teams. We even have cricket and dragon boat racing teams! We also offer numerous volunteer activities and events in the wonderful communities of Valencia and Santa Clarita. If you like to work hard and play hard, you'll fit right in. And you'll be well rewarded. Our salaries are competitive. Our benefits package is generous. And our 401K program* Forbes ranks it one of the top 10 in the country!
WHAT MAKES BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION SO SPECIAL*
We've seen the difference that neuromodulation technology such as spinal cord stimulation and deep brain stimulation can make. These breakthroughs have helped more than 400,000 people worldwide over the past four decades. But there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to be the world leader in neurological devices, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Provides project support and executes activities to ensure the safety, quality, and compliance of launched products while continuously improving their commercial value through end of product's life. Coordinates with internal functions and external suppliers to identify and execute sustaining projects specific to product packaging systems. Apply project management and problem solving skills to manage multiple activities concurrently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and execute activities concerned with design and development of protective packaging containers. Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container.
- Consults with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- May develop sketches, specifications, samples, and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose engineering solutions in a scientific manner using data-driven techniques and analyses (e.g. Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Identify and partner with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling equipment and materials.
- Supports Design Transfer activities from RD to Sustaining Engineering.
- Monitors launched products while assessing compliance inputs, quality inputs, manufacturing inputs, and business inputs to identify Sustaining project opportunities.
- Prioritizes and executes Sustaining projects and activities focused on the following:
- Maintaining product safety and compliance.
- Maintaining product quality.
- Ensuring manufacturing continuity.
- Supporting Operations in product cost reductions.
- Supporting new revenue opportunities in launched products.
- Management and support of CAPA projects, VIP projects, corporate strategic projects (i.e. StAR projects), EOL projects, Operations request for support, plant moves and acquisitions.
- Trained in all aspects of change management (PCAF, DCAF, SCIA and PLCP).
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which complies with QSR and GMP in conjunction with the other team members.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to product quality.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- 2+ years related work experience and Bachelor's degree in engineering or other related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years medical product packaging engineering experience.
- 2+ years working with design controls, equipment and process validation.
- 1 year project leader/manager experience.
- 2+ years working within FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO 9001.
- Master's degree in engineering or other related technical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Has led 2+ projects to drive product packaging design changes or process changes preferred.
- Has participated in 2+ new product development projects and related product transfer and scale-up activities preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including; Pouch and tray sealing, boxing, labeling systems and packaging is preferred.
- Solid works CAD experience is preferred.
- MiniTab, SAP and PDM experience is a plus.
Boston Scientific is an EOE
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Industrial, CAD, Engineering, Manufacturing