Manufacturing Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Provide technical support to the manufacturing departments to implement new products or process changes.
* Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing product to ensure timely delivery of quality product
* Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of validating manufacturing labor standards
* Design and conduct developmental tests on new and existing projects
* CAD support for component print drawings, layouts and work center designs
* Oversee the justification, planning and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within approved budget
* Seek out, research, develop cost analysis and justification for new methods, procedures equipment and materials
* Lead continuous improvement projects using classical Lean techniques including Kaizen and 6S team projects
* Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed
* Fabricate engineering prototypes for testing and evaluation
* Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes
* Develop and lead cost reduction projects
* Five (5) to Seven (7) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Five (5) to Seven (7) years of manufacturing engineering experience and a working knowledge of Lean principles and tools including Kaizen & 6S implementation
Bachelor s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering * Proficient with CAD software in Solid Works 2011 & Auto CAD
* Ability to manage projects using a continuous improvement/Lean approach that includes leading and facilitating Kaizen and 6S projects
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups
* Previous experience in new product development
* Experience with significant capital equipment and facility layout projects
WE BELIEVE IN DIVERSITY:
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455 FREE. All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.