Manufacturing Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
JOB ID: 12901
LOCATION: SANTA ANA CA USA 92705
Develop and improve manufacturing methods, systems and processes to produce a high quality product at optimal cost. Act under general supervision of Engineering Manager on multiple assignments of complex nature and broad scope.
* Continuous Improvement and Cost Analysis: Continually improve manufacturing methods/systems and process/ product improvements to optimize product performance and reduce manufacturing costs. Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and make specific recommendations for adoption.
Perform cost analyses to reduce or optimize product costs.
* Concurrent Engineering: Support new product development or existing product line extensions/modifications by ensuring new products or manufacturing processes are designed to facilitate ease of manufacturing and to produce quality, cost effective products with optimized yields.
* Production Support and Trouble Shooting: Provide engineering support to manufacturing operation on routine basis.
Address product related issues arising on the production floor.
* Define and generate all required documentation in support of manufacturing products and processes.
These include: Engineering protocols, FMECAs, reports, manufacturing instructions and procedures. Ensures compliance with GMP's and internal protocol.
Uses appropriate statistical support and Design of Experiments (DOE) when developing recommendations.
* Equipment and Fixturing: Develop tooling and Equipment that will reduce operating costs, reduce labor, reduce product variability and increase yields.
Insure compliance to Corporate, Divisional and Site Equipment Design/Development and Control procedures and policies.
Determine specific requirements of manufacturing operation in order to specify equipment, fixturing, and process parameters.
Collaborate on design with suppliers to fulfill equipment and fixturing requirements.
* Qualification and Validation: Insure compliance to Corporate, Divisional and Site Process Validation procedures and policies. Develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation.
Applies six sigma methodology as appropriate.