Manufacturing Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Engineer, Manufacturing uses expertise on a variety of complex manufacturing issues to increase the capabilities to produce products. Designs, improves and installs integrated systems in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment. Directly impacts all aspects of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and innovation, as well as the sustaining and growth efforts of operations.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Provides objective, functional and financial engineering guidance on capital expenditures to division management and follow up on the implementation process
* Coordinates all phases of cost reduction; forecasts labor and equipment requirements to assure adequate equipment, machine capacity and labor
* Establishes and maintains labor standards to monitor direct/indirect labor and machine performance
* Develops, improves and monitors standards, procedures, processes and performance to reduce costs and to improve production operations
* Provides knowledge and expertise; acting as a professional resource for colleagues
* Reduce costs and improve manufacturing profits, using significant expertise on complex issues, best practices, industry trends and professional knowledge
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Year's of Experience : 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated expertise with complex manufacturing engineering solutions
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing while analyzing, evaluating and determine solutions to a variety of problems
* Proficient with applying Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement
* Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
* Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
* Tool & Fixture design experience
* Test equipment design & specification for electromechanical products
* Electronic manufacturing and testing processes experience
* Knowledge with conducting Design of Experiment
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.