Manufacturing Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
Specialties: HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Position Summary: Evaluates, develops and improves manufacturing processes that supports plant management with production facilities and equipment issues by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides support for the management team by providing manufacturing engineering technical expertise and working collaboratively on manufacturing processes. Participates in continuous improvement/cost down events, frequently as a team leader.
* Functions as a mentor for less experienced engineers in the performance of their engineering duties.
* Frequently serves in a leadership role on organizational initiatives. May lead and/or function as a trainer on specific initiatives.
* Utilizes work measurement tools to analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization. Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
* Analyzes operational data such as work force utilization, facility layout, and workflow to design layout of equipment and workspace following lean manufacturing principles for maximum effectiveness of workers and equipment. Ensures manufacturing systems are operational and functioning effectively.
* Recommends methods for improving worker effectiveness, safety, and quality; and reducing costs, including recommendations regarding restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow consistent with demand flow technology, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
* Collaborates with the management team to develop Operational Method Sheets, training checklists, and training matrixes. Collaborates with the Safety Manager to identify and implement safe procedures and enhance ergonomics in the manufacturing process.
* Assists in design for manufacturability for new product development through participation on cross functional product design teams. Establishes production process procedures and measurement parameters for new products and processes. Provides marketing and engineering with cost of new, redesigned, and current products.
* Specifies design of equipment/tools to assist in new and existing production processes, and obtain quotes/bids for construction of equipment to submit with recommendations.
* Evaluates capital equipment investment options and prepares recommendations regarding purchases.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Industrial technology or Industrial Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical, scientific or engineering degree; and five years experience, preferably in sheet metal fabrication and assembly using state-of-art manufacturing processes including cellular manufacturing and Demand Flow Technology: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Approved by Exec Team
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled