Manufacturing Engineer (Lip Skin Manual & Automated Grinding)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Provide direct technical support of grind process techniques (both automated and manual) for the purpose of forming aluminum parts, to both thickness and surface finish, according to established profiles while maintaining and/or improving quality, cost, print specifications and production requirements. Requires a strong knowledge of precision grinding and the ability to evaluate and generate improvements to tooling and processes. Key Responsibilities
* Accountable for processes involving metal grinding and forming; first article and configuration changes; tooling changes; monitoring of tools requiring repair or replacement; and new product quotes.
* Identify engineering problems and initiate corrective action to ensure parts are in line with quality standards and production requirements.
* Create method sheets, tooling sheets, setting sheets, planning and process drawings, jig and fixture drawings and assist in the management of tooling.
* To ensure all routings are accurate, simple to understand and up to date.
* Responsible for maintaining CNC program number database.
* Identify programs and establish parameters to ensure the optimal performance of equipment.
* To be fully aware of the latest technological advances in grinding and machine tools.
* Control the transition of new tools from design through change control to verify correctness of tools and production parts.
* Provide direct support of production operation in areas such as changes to B.O.M., interpretation of prints to ensure ply orientation and contour and specialized assembly issues.
* Provide continuous process improvement through the revision of work instructions, statistical process control (SPC), creation of shop aides, operator training, re-development of plies and engineering process changes.
* Provide technical information and support to Company suppliers and customers.
* Support the vision and mission for the Company; support strategies and processes designed to meet and exceed the expectations of customers and management.
* Support the company's commitment to maintaining a safe workplace and protect the environment by adhering to Company policy and various government regulations.
* Comply with the GKN Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
* Comply with the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Policies and provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Bachelor s degree in Engineering or other relevant specialized training in addition to a minimum of two to five years of aerospace manufacturing experience. Strong engineering background including grinding, precision forming and dealing with low volume, high value complex components. Ideally 5 years experience with the offline Programming of CNC grinding and forming machines. A thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes, planning procedures, and engineering applications is required. Experience with specialized personal computer hardware and software applications and in various grinding and machine tool controls.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)