This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/11/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOHNSON CONTROLS IS A GLOBAL DIVERSIFIED TECHNOLOGY AND MULTI INDUSTRIAL LEADER SERVING A WIDE RANGE OF CUSTOMERS IN MORE THAN 150 COUNTRIES. OUR 130,000 EMPLOYEES CREATE INTELLIGENT BUILDINGS, EFFICIENT ENERGY SOLUTIONS, INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE AND NEXT GENERATION TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS THAT WORK SEAMLESSLY TOGETHER TO DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES. OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY DATES BACK TO OUR ROOTS IN 1885, WITH THE INVENTION OF THE FIRST ELECTRIC ROOM THERMOSTAT. WE ARE COMMITTED TO HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS WIN AND CREATING GREATER VALUE FOR ALL OF OUR STAKEHOLDERS THROUGH STRATEGIC FOCUS ON OUR BUILDINGS AND ENERGY GROWTH PLATFORMS. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.JOHNSONCONTROLS.COM OR FOLLOW US @JOHNSONCONTROLS ON TWITTER.
JOHNSON CONTROLS IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER TO WORK AT OUR MARINETTE, WISCONSIN SITE.
This role is responsible to improve manufacturing operations by implementing new or upgraded processes that increase output, enhance product quality and ultimately reduce manufacturing costs while simultaneously maintaining or improving operator safety.
* Conceives, investigates, evaluates, and makes recommendations for new equipment, tooling and processes to improve safety, reliability, capacity and reduce costs.
* Develops and Collects data to drive decision making.
* Manages equipment installations.
* Manages project schedules using Microsoft project.
* Maintains and improves existing equipment by working with Maintenance, Supervision and Material Control.
* Supports / plant shutdowns.
* Reduce breakdowns and and downtime by implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
* Leads and/or participates in Health, Safety, Environmental, Production, Material Control, 6 Sigma DMAIC and R&D project teams.
* Writes weekly activity and project reports, develops action plans, and generates work instructions, test procedures and other documentation to support production operations.
* Utilizes systematic problem solving and data collection to Identify and resolve problems, including driving cost and downtime reduction.
* Bachelors degree (BS) Engineering in a relevant discipline from an accredited university.
* 5 years experience supporting manufacturing to improve methods and processes.
* Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing including leading Kaizen events.
* Experience in metal processing and manual assembly operations a plus.
* Demonstrated track record of solving problems quickly & efficiently in a fast paced manufacturing environment a plus.
* Proficient knowledge of efficient troubleshooting methods
* Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Documented Six Sigma certification at a minimum of Green Belt level Black Belt preferred
* Proficient with use of computer and software applications including Minitab, Microsoft project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AutoCAD a plus.
* Project management skills - Strong ability to complete projects accurately, within budget, and in a timely manner a plus.
* Highly developed mechanical aptitude.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC and Lean techniques.
* Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus