Manufacturing Engineer - 2ND SHIFT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Buena Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Under minimal supervision, designs and controls production processes. Designs/maintains labor time standards, process/manufacturing specification/instructions, statistical process controls, production routers, etc. Reviews existing processes and makes recommendations for revisions when necessary.
* Defines process instructions by creating, releasing and controlling Manufacturing Job Instructions (MJI s).
* Defines sequence of operations by creating, releasing and controlling Production Routers. Maintains routers in standard library of operations.
* Establishes and documents Labor Time Standards for each operation in the standard library.
* Documents production process requirements by creating Production Specifications.
* Implements and maintains Statistical Process Controls of production processes.
* Reviews and writes assembly and process procedures, including detailed production station instructions/visual aids. Recommends changes when necessary.
* Examines and suggests improvements to tooling, machinery, 0processes, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
* Provides idea leadership to the MRB team, including corrective action.
* Helps solve customer/vendor/manufacturing problems. May perform failure analysis, tolerance studies, layouts, etc.
* Develops feasibility studies relating to the purchase of special equipment/machines and initiates R.O.I. and cost reduction support data.
* Maintains an awareness of scrap and other variances in the production process. Reviews trends and suggests corrective actions/revisions.
* Actively participates in the Quality Improvement system.
* Actively participates in Lean and 6s initiatives
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Performs other duties as required
* Possess strong knowledge of electronic theory and design
* Strong understanding of lean and capabilities to drive, teach, coach a team, direct reports, and others
* Ability to lead Lean Kaizen projects
* Strong people skills, engagement with direct reports, teamwork, and others
* Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
* High energy level
* Intermediate MS Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
* Should be able to travel domestically and internationally with short notice on occasions up to 10% of the time
* Familiar with the application of Statistical Process Control tools
* Familiar with relevant Military and Industry Standards
* Familiar with variance analysis and DOE (design of experiments)
* Working knowledge of key lean manufacturing principles and applications
* Aerospace industry experience
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* A Bachelor s Degree from a four-year college or University in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical, CE discipline or equivalent experience with emphasis on volume production
* Minimum of five years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering dealing with some or all of the following processes/techniques: Tumbling, deburring, tooling, welding, plating,
heat-treatment, cleaning procedures, etc
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).