Manufacturing Engineer, NPI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manufacturing Engineering supports the complete Product Life Cycle, from Phase 1(Concept) to Phase 6(Obsolescence). Responsibilities include the following:
* Working on cross-functional team for New Product Development from Conceptual phase through Proof of Manufacturing and Volume Production. Define and implement product requirements related to DFx guidelines; Design for Manufacturing, Test, Reliability, and Service.
* Lead strategic planning for Test, Manufacturing, and Sourcing Strategies.
* Development of Manufacturing Documentation, Tooling, and Test Fixtures in support of New Product Release.
* Lead Proof of Manufacturing Phase, transition from Pilot Production to Volume Production.
* Resolving Sustaining Engineering issues from production floor, global vendors, and field service during the Proof of Manufacturing phase.
* Lead training and product knowledge transfer to Sustaining Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing persons.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Typical percentages, actual may vary month to month):
New Product Release (Project Management) 40%
Engineering Documentation 30%
Sustaining Engineering 10%
Process Improvements 10%
* International travel may be required ~6wks per year. Actual travel duration and frequency will depend on project requirements.
* Ability to work in Clean Room Environment
* Good dexterity with small components and tweezers.
* Required to work on knees or lying on floor occasionally.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong Project Management Experience with proven successes.
* Experience with DFx methodologies; DFM, DFS, DFT, etc.
* Experience in DFMEA and PFMEA techniques.
* Proven deployment of Sourcing strategies and Best Cost Manufacturing.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office products required.
Candidates should have a Masters plus 3 years of experience in related field or a BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, or Industrial Engineering plus 5 years of experience in related field.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.