This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting all areas encompassing, but not limited to, specification and drawing review, procedure writing, operator and supervisor training, process improvements, troubleshooting process issues, disposition of non-conforming product, and equipment calibration and maintenance. The candidate will coordinate technical discussions for the processes involved in his/her area. Power Conductor Manufacturing will be the primary area of responsibility. This position will augment existing Engineering personnel in this area. A working knowledge of electronic controls and line drives is desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Four-year degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
* Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy in a broad range of tasks associated with cable manufacturing with limited supervision.
* A strong mechanical and metallurgical background with a thorough knowledge of welding is required.
* Understanding and use of statistical techniques for the analysis of data and the control of processes.
* Basic ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring equipment (ex. micrometers, calipers, multi-meter).
* Basic computer skills (Word, Excel) writing instructions and reports.
* Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing disciplines.
* Familiarity with cabling equipment.